Monday, November 6, 2017

MP1 Presentation Summaries

MP1 Presentation Week 1

Trevor/Tyler/Noah-Film Project Summary
This group is working on a film about a high school male student who attends a party and subsequently becomes addicted to drugs. The film apparently does not glamorize drug use but rather teaches a lesson abut the dangers of addiction. Some things that the group has been researching last marking period is the use of the multi-cam technique. This is when multiple cameras are use, usually three, in order to capture different angles in the same scene so you only have to shoot once. I myself have explored this idea and will most likely be using the technique in my next film. I could probably ask this group to help me set it up since they too have researched the topic and I will need extra hands on set.

Trevor, the group member who focused on multi cam, also looked into script writing along with fellow group mate Noah. They said that they found it hard to come up with ideas for the films alone but since they were working in groups it made the process easier because their were numerous brains working together and adding suggestions and ideas. I am a solo team so I have yet to work with anyone, however, I don’t find it hard to come up with films because I have quite and imaginative mind. But I do enjoy peer review and to get tips after I have made the film so I can improve my next one.

Tyler another member researched directors and actors to take his understanding of on screen performances to the next level. I found this surprising since this was a digital class and not really acting. But I guess it does play into the quality of the film they are producing and is a major aspect in making the film look cinematic. Tyler also feels uncomfortable in front of a camera so a lot of this marking period was done to make him feel more comfortable and to help him portray a character that’s is relatable and can satisfy the viewers.

Overall interesting bought the group has made a Some progress over a long period of time. They’ve had months to work and haven’t even come up with a title for the film. I don’t know if they aren’t showcasing all the work that they have done or this is all their work but it’s not that much for how many people they have. The planning process can take a long time and hopefully they now know how to get it done and next time it will be quicker. Their presentation of their work was ok. Nothing special but not bad. I’m excited to see how they make this film and to see how they made it with in school limits when they have such an intense topic.

Worklog:
Monday-presentations and notes
Tuesday-presentations and notes
Wednesday-presentations and notes
Thursday-presentations and notes
Friday- presentations and notes

No comments:

Post a Comment