Sunday, January 21, 2018

MP2 Presentation Summaries #1

MP2 Presentation Summaries #1


Ariel:
Ariel is working with photoshop to recreate photographs into digital paintings. She uses layers to switch on and off from photograph to painting in order to get the most accurate representation possible without actually copying it. She even switches over and uses the color dropper tool in order to get correct skin tone colors which helps make the process easier since skin is particularly hard to represent. I especially liked an idea Mr. Bomboy brought up after her presentation about taking 12 screen shots every second to get a stop-motion kind of effect (12 fps is usually recommended) and do quicker recreations of these screen shots, lining them back up in Premiere, and playing to get an animated drawing type effect from an actual video. This is definitely something I would like to pursue, even if its not this year. I love drawing and the idea of movement so I can use these to make unique animations. I could also use this technique to make a customized animated logo since I enjoy creating production logos.

Brennan:
Brennan is actually doing stop motion with clay and it looks absolutely phenomenal. He's made a few short videos and I'm hoping he makes a longer one for the arts fest at the end of the year. Once again this plays into what I discussed above with creating a stop motion type of animation from drawings and screenshots. Everything from these two projects ties into what Mr. Bomboy talked about and everything that I would like to do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment