Monday, April 16, 2018

MP3 summary and critic

What I've Learned Through the Critiquing Process

One of the most important things I learned is that criticism is so valuable because if we stay contempt with ourselves then we will never improve. So, as a student in a class with other kids who's artistic goals are similar to mine, I had a duty this year to push them and help them succeed and not stay complacent. Reviewing each others blogs and marking period posts allowed communication and ideas to flow from one student to another. It was like our own little creative circle where we could teach each other how to do things, inspire our peers with our work, and open each others minds to arts infinite possibilities. Criticism was taken fairly well when I gave it to the other film group, and when my color grading was not the best, I studied and researched ways to improve myself and learn from my mistakes.

Below is a summary of Kaila's Marking Period 3 Blog post.

Kaila turned her voodoo doll comics into a short animation. The animation showed "Vincent the voodoo doll" walking down a city street and meeting a friend. The animation look surprisingly accurate to her blender comic drawings. not only did she animate camera movements, the characters, and the streets, but she added texture to the pavement, the brick walls, windows, doors, etc. My favorite was how she made a few neon light signs along the buildings. It brought a layer of color and made the animation look more real and sophisticated.

Along with the animation she continued to draw out more comics of Vincent and his adventures.

What I learned from her presentation is that I am not the only one who learned through youtube tutorials. She learned all about the animation process from youtube and that is pretty challenging considering she is use to stationary, still art work. I was use to photography but then I learned how to film, animate texts and film, apply special effects, and so on. It's comforting knowing other people in this class have started from the beginning too. I feel like there is so much talent in this classroom and my brain can't even comprehend how some of these kids make their art, so it's nice knowing that they all started from somewhere too. Another thing I noticed was that Kaila's comics were really similar to storyboards, which are something I make. She drew out her ideas and used technology to make a moving representation of her drawings. So, it's funny how different factions in art still use the same principles and technique because art is universal and what is visually pleasing to the human eye doesn't change based on the type of art. Rule of thirds is used in photography, video, painting, drawing, and practically everything because its a universal principle. Being able to see other students using the same principles, techniques, ideas, and methods as me has opened my eyes to arts infinite possibilities.

Worklog:
We watched presentations all week. I took notes on everyone's art work and progress along with being involved in critiquing, asking questions, and learning from my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment